Should we use essential oils when pregnant?
Essential oil when pregnant can serve as a complimentary tool with all the symptoms women may feel. Some essential oils may feel lovely during a certain trimester, while others might want to be avoided completely. It's wise to speak with your doctor and make sure whatever oil you're looking to use is safe for a particular symptom. Try to avoid so many essential oils and avoid as much as you can in the first trimester (pregnant 12-13 weeks).
7 essential oils listed below are most beneficial in the delivery room, postnatal, and if one is experiencing post-partum blues.You can add these oils in an aromatherapy diffuser, bath, shower, or body oil.
- Tangerine (Citrus Reticulata): For stress induced insomnia, cellulite and exhaustion.
- Rose otto (Rosa Damascena): For depression, skin dehydration, and scarring.
- Cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum): For nausea and indigestion, muscular cramps/spasms, and mental fatigue.
- Manuka (Leptospermum scoparium): For muscle spasms and low immunity.
- Mandarin (Citrus reticulata): For nervous tension, digestive conditions, problems sleeping.
- Neroli (Citrus aurantium): For stretchmark and scar prevention, nervousness and depression, and acne related problems.
- Rosewood: Stress related headaches, postpartum blues.
Essential Oils Problems in Pregnancy
Pregnancy difficulties can range from backaches, to swollen legs, insomnia, indigestion and hemorrhoids. Aromatherapy when pregnant may help you go on with your daily activities carefully while managing your symptoms. Use about 2-3 essential oil ingredients for a blend and use about 6-18 drops total with your favorite carrier oil.
Essential Oil Blend For Therapeutic Massage When Pregnant
Here is a combination of essential oils blended for back rubs:
- Roman, or German Chamomile
Best Carrier Oils for pregnancy includes:
- Sweet Almond Oil- Lightweight oil for your face.
- Avocado Oil- For skin hydration
- Evening primrose seed oil- For mood and irritability.
- Shea Butter: For preventing stretch marks
Other benefits of therapeutic massage with essential oils for pregnancy include preventing stretch marks, leg cramps, and overall exhaustion. You can find a range of products one can use from the Aromanthi Body Butter Collection, Healthy Skincare Collection, Therapeutic Sprays for stress & sleep, and Essential Oil Blends.
The statements made regarding this article have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. All information presented here is not meant as a substitute for or alternative to information from health care practitioners. There's no guarantee of specific results and that the results can vary.